1. The Accuration Block is a self-fed molasses-based supplement that complements forage and grass. Studies show that consumption of the blocks goes up when forage quality goes down, and vice versa.
2. It will help keep your cows in ideal body condition, which is a main factor in reproductive performance and profitability. If you aren't already using Body Condition Scoring on your cattle, learn more here.
3. Feeding demonstrations in 6 different states and 14 groups of cattle on different forages have shown Accuration blocks can help improve conception rates and calf performance.
4. The Accuration Block incorporates Intake
Modifying Technology, a proprietary technology developed by Purina which encourages snack eating throughout the day, supporting rumen efficiency, addressing nutrient waste and aiding in forage digestion.
5. Cattle will adjust consumption based on individual needs, ranging from .25 to 3.5 lbs per head per day.
6. Research trials showed cattle ate an average of .7 lbs less per day of the Accuration block than the previous product, while maintaining comparable to better body condition.
7. Blocks are superior to cubes, meal, and other hand-fed supplements due to the fact that each individual gets a chance at eating. With hand-fed supplements, often the meeker cows get pushed out of the way by the bossy, more aggressive cattle.
8. Because daily feedings are not necessary, producers save time, fuel, and money.
9. Accuration blocks are available in different forms to fit the needs of the cattle producer, including: 200 lb cardboard-wrapped block, 200 lb plastic tub, and 500 lb block.
For more information, visit www.cattlenutrition.com or http://www.cattlenetwork.com/cattle-news/latest/Purina-Animal-Nutrition-introduces-Accuration-Block-226918971.html.