Top 5 Tips for Success with Texas Wildflowers:
1. Plant at the right time. Check the label, but most should be planted Sept-Nov.
2. Select the right spot. Open, sunny areas with access to water and low weed competition do best.
3. Water if Mother Nature doesn't. Typically average rainfall is sufficient, but if it's dry some watering is neccessary.
4. Don't fertilize. Unless you've had your soil tested and it's drastically deficient in nutrients, you're better off leaving it alone. Wildflowers have evolved to grow in natural habitats, so adding fertilizer just helps the weeds grow.
5. Don't till. Plowing up the ground only stimulates weed seeds. For most wildflowers, lightly scraping the ground then patting, rolling or walking over them is sufficient. Never go deeper than 1".
Happy planting! For more information, visit the Wildseed Farms page.