Win this beautiful Texas flag Corn Hole Game set!
All you have to do to enter is purchase a 30 lb bag of Taste of the Wild dog food, any flavor.
Did you know that July 5th is the busiest day of the year for animal shelters? Many pets panic when they hear and feel fireworks going off, and if not securely fenced and tagged, they often never make it back home. The infographic above shows some great tips on keeping your pet safe on the 4th of July. Remember that ensuring proper ID on your pet, including a collar, tags, and microchip with up-to-date contact information through the microchipping company, is the best way to get your pet back home.
If you happen to find a wandering pet, there are a few things you can do:
1. Always treat an animal you don't know with caution - the animal is likely very frightened already and you never know what might cause him to bite, attack, or run. Sometimes even a friendly animal can turn violent out of sudden fear. Never put yourself or others, especially children, in harm's way when trying to capture an animal.
2. Check for tags on the collar. A Rabies tag can be traced by calling the veterinary office listed on the tag and giving them the tag number.
3. Take the pet to a veterinary office to have it scanned for a microchip. If chipped, the office can call the number on file and most likely contact the owner.
4. Let local veterinary offices and animal shelters know. Be sure that you give them the most accurate description you can, including size, sex, color, markings, hair coat length, collar, general demeanor, and location found. Often owners have called in looking for lost pets, but they won't be able to match them if descriptions are different.
5. Post flyers in common areas like the post office, major intersections, restaurants. According to PUPS' Carla Reichardt, this is probably the most effective way to find owners or lost pets. "We have to remember not everyone is on Facebook, so posting you've found a dog on one page is not enough. I am such a firm believer in poster, flyers, physical signs in the area. Check all areas...dogs can travel miles in a few days. So you never know where they will end up," says Carla.
6. Facebook can be a great resource for reconnecting pets and owners. In the Bellville area, we suggest looking up these groups: Austin County Critter Connection, Austin County News, Happenings in Bellville. If you'd rather not join one of these groups, you can send the info to Leo Linseisen and he'll be glad to share it for you... he, too, was a stray once.
7. Be patient. It may take some time to find the animal's rightful home. Sometimes animals go missing while the owners are away, especially in the summertime while many families are on vacation, so it might not be claimed until the owners return. Remember, it's always better to get the pet back home rather than to a shelter where it might be euthanized.
For more details on safely catching and caring for a stray, see http://www.americanhumane.org/animals/adoption-pet-care/caring-for-your-pet/if-you-find-a-lost-pet.html
PUPS of Cat Spring Facebook PUPS and www.pupsofcatspring.com
Animal Friends Shelter Facebook AFS and www.animalfriendsshelter.com
True Blue Animal Rescue (Brenham) Facebook T-BAR and www.t-bar.org
Brenham Humane Services
Sealy Animal Control 979-885-2913
Waller County Animal Control
*Please note that at this time the local animal rescue organizations are full and may not be able to take another animal right away. However, they wholeheartedly love animals and are very willing to help with reconnection to owners, supplement feeding and spay/neuter expenses, find foster homes, or otherwise aid in caring for found animals. Please do not hesitate to call them for help, but at the same time, try to have an understanding of the large number of homeless animals in our area.
Events for Saturday, May 3, 2014
DJ -- Popcorn -- Slushes
Product reps available for Stihl, Purina, Garden & Wildlife Products
Super Sale All Day (Friday, too)
Enter to win Grand Prizes & "You Pick" Prizes
Mini Door Prizes drawn every hour!
8 AM Kids' Painted Birdhouse Judging
Wooden birdhouses painted prior to event by Pre-K class at Tender Care Learning Center; will be on display & returned to the class afterwards
9 - 10 AM Fat Cat Contest
Bring your cat and we'll start weighing in at 9 AM. Heaviest cat wins $25 gift certificate & bag of treats. Please bring cat on leash or in carrier for his/her safety.
10 AM - 1 PM FREE Petting Zoo and Barrel Train Rides
11 AM - 1 PM Complimentary Hot Dogs & Drinks
1:30 PM Drawing of Mega "You Pick" Door Prizes
Need not be present to win; See prizes here
2 PM Drawing of Grand Prizes
3 Winners of $1000 Gift Certificates
Must be present to win!!!
All day Friday & Saturday
May 2 & 3
10% off ALL STIHL Serial Numbered Equipment
Discounts this big are only offered once a year!
Stihl Rep will be on hand for consultation
BUY 1, GET 1 FREE
PMI Exclusive and Red Flannel Pet Foods
Mix & Match, Lesser Priced Bag Free, Limit 1 Free per household
Purina Impact Horse Feed
All Formulations: 12% Sweet, 12:6+L Pellet, 14:5 Pellet, Forage Extender; Limit 10 bags per household
Purina Stocker Grower 14% Cattle Creep
Limit 20 bags
Includes pellets, crumbles, and Omega-3
Save $50 off every $500 spent
New Styles of Muck Boots 20% Off
Xpress-Cool Shoes and Boots
3 Grand Prize Winners of
$1000 Linseisen's Gift Cards
will be drawn @ 2 PM Saturday
*must be present to win grand prizes*
7 Mega "You Pick" Door Prizes will be drawn at 1:30 PM Saturday
Each person can choose which prize they'd like to try to win; need not be present to win:
Stihl BG 55 Blower and Stihl gear bag $200 value
$500 Purina Feed Credit
300 lb All Seasons Stand & Fill Solar Deer Feeder $560 value
YETI Roadie 20 Quart Cooler $200 value
25 Gallon Sprayer with 10 ft Booms $400 value
Corintian Bells Windchime Gift Set with $100 Gift Card $200 value
Pair of Texas-Made Wooden Rocking Chairs $340 value
Additional Mini Door Prizes will be drawn on the hour both Friday and Saturday
The gals from Marek Vet Clinic will be at Linseisen's from 9 AM - 2 PM on Saturday, December 1st to administer low-cost vaccinations for dogs, cats, and horses. They will offer rabies, yearly vaccinations, Coggins tests (for horses), deworming (cats and dogs) and microchipping services. No appointments needed - just show up with your pets!
*All pets on a leash or in carriers please.
*Minimum age for puppies and kittens is 12 weeks.
*Cash or checks are preferred.
Don't miss specials in the pet department!